I’ve been a part of the blogging community for almost one year now and feel like there is still so much that I have to learn. Part of the learning process is seeing what other bloggers are doing in creating enjoyable content for their readers. So today, dear readers, I have something a little different to share with you.
I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow WordPress Blogger, Megala’s Kitchen. She blogs about traditional Southern Indian cuisine made easy. Go check her out and tell her I sent you! Thanks for the nomination, Megala!
Since I am fairly new to blogging, I had to do a bit of research in order to figure out what the Liebster Award was! From what I can gather (according to all-knowing Google), the Liebster Award exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The word “liebster” means dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, pleasant, lovely, valued, and many other similar adjectives in German.
This award is more like a “tag” (or chain letter for those of you old enough to remember them). The goal is for my readers to learn more about me and to help promote other hard working bloggers. In order to pass the “award” on, I must reveal 8 things about myself, answer 8 specific questions, nominate a few other smaller bloggers to take on the challenge, and ask them 8 new questions in return. I’ll post the official rules at the bottom of this post for my newly nominated blogging buddies.
Since this is a health/food blog, I’ll try to keep all my facts about me and questions health and food related! Are you ready to learn a little bit about me?
Bonus fact: I can balance an apple on my head.
8 Facts About Me:
- The first dish I learned to cook was spaghetti when I was 17.
- I HATE mushrooms. That’s why you won’t see them on this blog, even though they are really good for you!
- I am allergic to kiwi, even though I love it.
- I became interested in health after my first child was born and I read an article about formaldehyde being found in popular baby products in the U.S. but not in Europe (I’m looking at you Johnson & Johnson).
- I was on-again off-again vegetarian since childhood.
- I said I would NEVER go vegan. EVER. Yet here I am!
- My favorite fruit is watermelon and my favorite vegetable is broccoli.
- I have seen amazing changes in my energy, my skin, my susceptibility to illness, and my overall health since adopting a whole foods, plant based lifestyle and that’s why I am so passionate about sharing it with you!
8 Questions Asked by Megala:
- Why did you start blogging?
- I began blogging because I was constantly being asked by friends, family, and acquaintances for healthy, easy recipes and it was becoming too much to email everyone separately! I decided that by starting a blog I could have one place to share my recipes, tips, and ideas with others.
- Who is your role model and why?
- My role model is Jesus. As a Christian, I am constantly striving to live a more Christ-like life. I know I’m not perfect, and I know I’ll mess up pretty much daily, but that doesn’t stop me from trying to love others like Jesus loves us.
- What does success mean to you?
- To me, success is about getting up every day and working toward your goals no matter how you feel and no matter what obstacles stand in your way. Sucessful people impact others and make positive changes in the world, not matter how small. They build relationships that nourish their souls and seek to help others. It’s not about money, cars, house, or fancy things, success is about running after your passion and purpose, full steam ahead.
- What is your favorite movie/book?
- What is the most beautiful place that you have visited?
- Hands down, Oahu, Hawaii! My husband and I went there on our honeymoon in 2007 and the beaches were simply gorgeous!
- How frequently do you go to restaurants in a week?
- We don’t go out to eat too often since I cook so much at home, so maybe 1-3 times a month?
- What is the funniest experience of your life?
- I think my experience trying the new Beyond Burgers was pretty darn funny!
- What do you think is the most challenging issue currently faced by humanity?
- I feel like the brokenness of our global food system is a huge issue we are currently facing. Factory farms, rainforest depletion due to animal agriculture, hormones/antibiotics in the food supply, GMOs, overfishing the of the oceans, food deserts, overconsumption in developed countries and starvation in 3rd world nations, fresh water contamination…I could go on and on about the issues we have with feeding all the people on this planet. The good news is, the tides are changing. It’s a slow process, but people are waking up and realizing that change needs to happen now if we are going to continue to live and thrive on this planet.
That’s enough about me! Hopefully you learned something you wanted to know. It’s my turn to nominate a few people to participate in the Leibster Award.
- Amelia https://makeamelieofit.com
- Savanna https://roserecast.com
- Rebecca http://rebeccalemke.com
- Katherine http://www.primarilyplants.org
- Sophia https://imsophialeigh.wordpress.com
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What does health mean to you?
- What are your health goals for 2017?
- If you had to eat only one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Is there any food that you absolutely cannot stand?
- What is your favorite fruit?
- What is your favorite vegetable?
- What was your favorite meal from your childhood, and do you still eat it now?
- Is there any dish you would love to learn how to make, but haven’t yet attempted or mastered?
I would LOVE to open this award/tag/challenge to all of you! After all, you’re the best readers that a California girl living in Texas and blogging about plant foods could ever ask for! In the comments below, tell me your favorite fruit and vegetable! Go!
Full disclosure: This blog post contains some affiliate links. Meaning, basically, if you make a purchase from any of these links it doesn’t cost you anything extra, but I may make a little money. So thank you in advance for supporting my family